Monday, February 23, 2009

The Lord is Faithful

Today/ the past 24 hours have been really encouraging and great. It all started last night. I had a wonderful time with one of my good friends Sarah. We laughed and laughed and laughed until my stomach hurt, I don't know about hers. We went to church together at Hillview, The Gathering. Which was really really good. I'm looking forward to going back. We enjoyed each other's company over some dinner, chicken fettuccine Alfredo to be exact at Mancino's. We continued to share life's stories with one another and laughed some more. I really love her. Haha I thank God for a friend like her. She is always so encouraging and a good listener. Genuinely cares, and speaks from the heart and not the head. But anyway, we then went to Starbucks and studied. Where I believe we both got a lot accomplished, Praise the Lord! With some intermittent chats while studying. I there got a phone call from a good friend who I have been praying about for her salvation for a year now, telling me she might be coming to visit me this weekend, this was great news!
I came home that night around 10:40 and got on Facebook, which seems to be the usual these days. Here the Lord blessed me with some great conversations as well. I got to talking to a friend of mine about church and he said he wanted to go to church but didn't have anyone to go with, so of course I offered that he could come with me and my friends anytime! And he jumped all over it. He was very excited and he himself said he would bring a buddy or two as well. I'm not sure where he is with the Lord but this is very encouraging.
Also last night I got to know another friend of mine better. We stayed up all night talking about our sin and where the Lord is taking us. We were confessing sin with one another just for the sake of getting to know each other better. This act of confession is always so humbling but a joyful moment, because it brings glory to the Lord every time. You can see the path the Lord has taken someone and how he has redeemed them and taken them out of those sins. I personally am an open book. I'm not scared to tell people my current or past sins, because the Lord is my judge, and His opinion is all I care about. So I'll tell you anything no matter how much shame I recieve. But also, I can ask you to be praying for me specifically concerning those sins.
I stayed up late talking, until 2 am actually, and then went to bed hoping I could get up for the 8 0'clock class the next morning. I had a test today after lunch, and the Lord was faithful there. Not necessarily faithful is allowing me to get a good grade on my test, but yes at the same time. Faithful in getting me through school so that I can spend the rest of my life following Him.
As many of you know I have really been working to raise support for my trip this summer. And I have to book my flight very soon and I was roughly a $1000 short. Something that many of you don't know is the situation with my dad. The Lord has been faithful in keeping me strong and patient, and keeping me from doubting concerning my support. I have not doubted that it would come, and I have been patient knowing it will. But my dad on the other hand has not been. He told me last week that he was doubting that the money would come in. This broke my heart. My dad asked me to pray for him and his doubt and I very faithfully have been doing so ever since. My prayer has been "Lord, not for me because I know you will provide, but for my father prove him wrong. Use this situation to bring glory to you, and convict him of this doubt." And when I got home after finding out what I got on my test, I got a phone call from my mother telling me that I received another check in the mail today, and it was for $1000. I can not tell you how much I am moved by my Lord. How much I love him for answering my prayer with my dad. I knew he would provide. But this was amazing, and all the glory, which is always what I wanted, went to the Lord. I was so moved, I was in tears. I was balling my eyes out because of the Love Christ has for me. I asked my mom how dad felt, and told her I had specifically been praying for him and his doubt, and I believe he is starting to have faith in this trip. I still am speechless to explain how I feel about this. Moved, and loved is all I can say. I still have $2000 more to raise, but I can now book my flight. I'm just taking it one step at a time.
After this conversation with my mom, I got on Facebook to send out some more letters to help me raise support and I had recieved a letter from a friend expressing concern for me. This meant a lot to me, that she was being genuine and really wanted to know that I was okay. She noticed that I wasn't being myself and she acted by praying for me and then asking if I was okay. Thank you, for this, you know who you are.
Shortly after this I got into another conversation with a friend. A little side note, I have been praying heavily that the Lord open my eyes, help me look and see opportunities to share the gospel with my classmates and others on campus. I know for a fact this is why I am here now. Okay so back to my story, this guy Facebook chatted me, haha, and started talking to me about my religion. Hahaha could it get any easier than that! I didn't even have to start the conversation it came to me! Anyway, I was given the opportunity to share the gospel with this guy. And I did, all the way. I can tell that his heart isn't ready. When I backed up everything with scripture he told me he didn't believe in reading the Bible or that it is true. He says he is going to heaven because he knows God loves him and he is following him, however, when I asked him the Kennedy questions, "If you died today, why would God let you into heaven?" He said he didn't know if he was going to heaven, but he would like to. He felt arrogant saying he had assurance of heaven. Anyway I started using other examples as good as I could without scripture but his heart isn't there. He believes he is saved.
However, this was really exciting for me. This is the life I want to live. I want to wake up every day, and be broken for Christ, fall in love with Christ, and share Christ. Today has been my perfect day. And the best thing is, I know that everyday is not going to be like this, and my faith and commitment to the Lord doesn't change a bit. My love for him continues to grow, despite the fact that tomorrow may be an awful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment